How To Join Natural Order
Applications now being accepted for World of Warcraft
Our application is really just an introduction, a more of a get to know you type thing, but we take it seriously. We don't care how geared you are, or your arena rating, or how many times you killed Ragnaros, Illidan, the Lich King, Hello Kitty or whomever. We aren't looking for a particular class or level of character for any particular game. We're looking for good and interesting PEOPLE we can play games with. This introduction is your way of letting us get to know YOU. If the only way you can define yourself is by what games you play and how awesome you are, you should stop reading and just not apply.
If you want to join Natural Order you need to take this introduction seriously.
We don't need you to write a book, but if you half ass the application, there's a good chance we won't accept you. We're looking for fun loving, and intelligent individuals, not just any smacktard that can hit 'submit' on a form. Take a few minutes and show us a little bit of yourself, and take the time to use at least semi-decent grammar and sentence structure for crying out loud. We've been lenient on this in the past, so don't go by old applications. We're no longer being lenient. If you use a one word answer for a question, be aware that doing that alone will make it likely we will reject your application.
If it offends you that we'd reject you for not taking any time on this introduction, even though you're a leet raider, please do us both a favor and don't fill one out at all.
If you think that us taking this seriously is lame, because this is just a game, and who fucking cares, then don't waste our time either.
We are a gaming guild that enjoys each others company and plans on continuing to do so in the current games we play, and in future games together. We consider ourselves a group of friends, and if we accept you into our guild, then you'll be able to come along for the ride and become one of us. ONE OF US. ONE OF US. Therefore answers matter.
Another big rule, is you must be an adult. Over 18.
If you are under 18 we won't accept you. If you're under 21-22 we'll be more exacting on the introduction. We're a guild made up entirely of adults. We don't want any children in the guild, primarily so we feel free to discuss whatever we want, so guild chat can sometimes go to Rated R or even NC-17. Given that many of us are parents, having kids in the guild would alter our behavior. Adults only please. Also if you're under 22 we'll accept you, but we'll be more exacting on the introduction. Some of our most half-assed intros in the past were with younger people. If you're under 22, I recommend you putting a little more time into the intro, and not half-assing it.
So to introduce yourself here's what you do.
1) Register for this message board, with your username your primary character's name, or however we should know you by, but don't be douchey. Please use the name of your character we'd call you in game. You'll be sent an email confirming your account, click on the link in the email and you'll be registered for the board. If you have a problem getting this email contact a Natural Order Officer via in game mail or a tell.
2) Read the About Natural Order section of the forum. The Rules bible is the important one. Some of it applies only to specific games, some of it is general. You don't have to worry about understanding EP/GP etc, particularly if you're not going to play WoW, but read through it. It's fairly long, but it's important to understand who we are. If you don't read the Rules bible then we won't accept you.
3) Create a NEW post in this section of the forum with the title of your post being "Guild Introduction" with your name, like "Guild Introduction: Storlivras". Copy the questions below and paste it into the new post, and answer the questions to the best of your ability and then post. If you want to say anything else please feel free to tell us more about yourself than we ask.
4) Post the introduction.
We'll then post some questions for you in response to your introduction. You should answer them as best you can.
There is a 24 hour waiting period for any introduction, so that different Officers can take a look, and make sure they don't have a bad experieince with you, etc. Most likely you'll get one or two questions, the officers will talk about it, and you'll get approval in 24 hours or so. Sometimes we approve early if the app is really good. Sometimes we take longer if it's a holiday or a weekend or something. Be patient.
If you don't show up to answer any questions, you will not get an invite. Be sure to check back.
If you don't answer all the questions with considered answers, you will not get an invite. Don't half ass the intro.
We encourage website forum participation among our membership. It builds our community. Even after we accept you we encourage you to make our website a part of your daily internet routine.
Also if you're joining with the sole purpose to raid, and will be emotional if you don't, understand that not everyone always gets to raid. As we're a casual, but serious, guild that raids, we have no set teams, and hence on some times, we can't get everyone who wants to raid into a raid. If you're comfortable with sitting out one raid in five, and not being bent out of shape about it, great. If you need 100% raid participation or you get bent out of shape...That might be an issue. If you kick up a stink about not getting in the first raid the first raid night you're in the guild, you'll get kicked from the guild.
Natural Order Introduction
Tell us about your character(s)....
1. What games are you looking to join us in?
2. Do you have characters on our servers already? If so list the ones you have which you plan to guild.
Tell us about your gaming history...
3. What previous and current MMO's have you/do you play?
4. Describe what makes a good gamer, in your opinion:
5. On a scale of 1 to 10 tell us how good a gamer are you, and why?
6. Have you been in any other guilds on servers which we play on? How about in other games or on other servers? Which? Why did you, or why are you leaving them? Basically we're looking for a basic history that you've had with guilds previously.
7. What do you like to do with your time in WOW or SWTOR?
Talk to us about Natural Order...
8. How did you hear about Natural Order?
9. Is there a current member of Natural Order who could reference you in a good or bad way? (Who?)
10. Have you read all of the posts in the About Natural Order section of the forum? (this is very important to us)
11. What are your expectations? What do you think you will gain from joining Natural Order, and why are you applying?
12. What do you think you can bring to the guild? Why are we going to be happy you joined us?
13. Are you interested in "end game activities" with us in any of the games we play (such as 25 man raiding in WOW)? What days are you available for these sorts of activities (generally between 9pm and 12pm Eastern Standard Time)?
14. If you are interested in raiding with us in WoW, are you willing to build a secondary set on this character, and respec as necessary (generally to dps) if the raid needs it, without bitching excessively?
Tell us about you...
15. Do you meet our age requirement?
16. How old are you, if you don't mind us asking?
17. If we had a party in real life, what would you bring?
18. Do you know what parachute pants are?
19. If the answer to 18 is yes, did you ever own any?
20. If the answer to 19 is yes, do you still own them?
21. If the answer to 20 is yes, dear god why?
22. Pick one: Moist or Cornbread.
23. Are you married?
24. If so does your spouse or partner play games, too? If they don't, how do they feel about you playing games?
25. Do you have kids? What ages?
26. What activities or hobbies do you have other than gaming?
Now for the Natural Order SAT...
Read the following dialog.
Mary: Did the family go into town to look for _________ lost dog?
Joe: I heard they checked the pound, but he wasn't __________!
Mary: Yeah after they didn't find him ____________ very despondent.
Joe: Oh yeah lol
27. Fill in the blanks above with the following options...
28. Which one or more of the following in the dialog is not a punctuation mark
e) none of the above
29. Please name all of the required AddOns for Natural Order raiding:
30. Do you like Kipling?
c) I'm a vegetarian.
d) I don't know. I've never kipled.
31. What is the name of the voice over IP application that we use during raids?
32. How spicy do you want your food prepared, on a scale of 1 to 10?
33. Who is the current President of the United States?
34. Divide 546 by 47 to two places, without using a calculator
d) I used a calculator
e) I was told there would be no math.
35. What is a hectocotylus? (it's ok you can Google this one)
36. What is the most important number as far as we, Natural Order, are concerned?